anima - [Anima Dance] Anima Dance performs July 10

anima@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Anima Dance

  • From: Rachel Brooker <rachel_brooker@yahoo.com>
  • To: anima@lists.ibiblio.org, ncda <ncdancealliance@yahoogroups.com>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [Anima Dance] Anima Dance performs July 10
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 07:41:05 -0700 (PDT)

Hello!

In what may be our last local peformance for a while
(as Rachel is moving to Spain in the fall to work with
the Choreographic Center of Leon), we'll be showing a
new duet called Double/Blind at the American Dance
Festival's Acts to Follow, on Saturday, July 10th. The
concert is free and open to the public, and begins at
6:30 pm at Baldwin Auditorium on Duke East Campus. For
more information, call (919) 682-6402 or visit
www.americandancefestival.org.

Please pencil it in on your calendars-- AND, if you
have any dance/movement experience, consider
participating! I need 20 to 30 folks to help spot the
blindfolded dancers and perform in the piece as well.
Spotters will need to come to a tech rehearsal on
Monday, July 5 from 7-9pm, and to a dress rehearsal on
July 10 (the day of the show) at 11:15am. And, you'll
need to be at the theater at 5:15pm for the show
itself. If you can make these rehearsals, you are
welcome to participate, even if your movement
experience isn't extensive.

Contact me at rachel_brooker@yahoo.com if you are
interested-- at least the first 10 to sign up will get
a free ticket to one American Dance Festival show, and
we may be able to offer tickets to all participants.

I hope everyone is well and happy this summer.

Rachel b

  • [Anima Dance] Anima Dance performs July 10, Rachel Brooker, 06/27/2004