aifia-metrics - [Aifia-metrics] copyright input

aifia-metrics AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Towards standard methods and metrics for evaluating IA

  • From: "Brett Lider" <blider AT sbiandcompany.com>
  • To: <aifia-metrics AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Aifia-metrics] copyright input
  • Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 20:11:25 -0700

Title: Message
Sorry for feedback on an issue that seems well under discussion, but did we consider resolving the Copyright issues with Copyleft? Copyleft is basically Open Source, which can apply to content as well as software. It means that everyone can use the metrics we publish and that improvements to them have to be submitted back into the public domain (AIfIA as the conduit, most likely). Some websites publish under this model -- the first that comes to mind is MacOSRumors <http://macosrumors.com>.

Just a thought,
Brett Lider

  • [Aifia-metrics] copyright input, Brett Lider, 08/26/2003