aifia-metrics - [Aifia-metrics] Technical lead for the project

aifia-metrics AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Towards standard methods and metrics for evaluating IA

  • From: Rashmi Sinha <rashmi AT rashmisinha.com>
  • To: aifia-metrics AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Aifia-metrics] Technical lead for the project
  • Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2003 20:16:56 -0700

Hi all,
We are looking for a technical lead. Below is a short description of the skills required and the position itself. I am first posting the call to this list. If I don't hear back from someone interested in a day or so, then I will forward this call to the volunteer coordinator of AIfIA to help publicize this call for technical lead.

****************************
Wanted technical lead for AIfIA metrics project.
We need one volunteer to be in charge of the technical guru-ship of the metrics project. The volunteer will need to setup the project site (we are currently deciding between hosting the project site on MoveableType or Drupal). The chosen system will need to be customized. Skills needed include some familiarity with php, MySQL, and general familiarity with setting up and customizing blogs.

Effort will be a few hours per week on an average. The setup phase of the project will probably require more time. Later on, it will be mostly some maintenance plus occasional addition of new features.
****************************
So email me if you are interested.

As a note, the first IM meeting went very well. I believe that we will be able to make rapid progress on this project now!

-Rashmi

Four of us got together on MSN IM this am and had a good discussion about
how to get the metrics project rolling. Feel free to check out the next
steps and full discussion.

http://www.aifia.org/projects/wiki/index.php?page=MetricsforIAAugust

Let's continue to work via email, then set up another IM meeting as needed.

Thanks,
Susan Campbell