aifia-announce - AIfIA Newsletter for 03-February 2004

aifia-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: IA Institute announcements.

  • From: Austin Govella <austin AT grafofini.com>
  • To: AIfIA List <aifia-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: AIfIA Newsletter for 03-February 2004
  • Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 14:46:52 -0600

Asilomar Institute for Information Architecture
--> http://www.aifia.org

The AIfIA newsletter is published roughly every other
week featuring news about AIfIA and our partner sites:
Boxes and Arrows, IAslash, and IAwiki.

---- WHAT'S NEW WITH AIFIA -- http://www.aifia.org ----

1) Content Management for Information Architects
AIfIA has assembled such industry-leading experts as
Bob Boiko, Joseph Busch, Tony Byrne, and Ann Rockley
for a full-day workshop focusing on the link between
information architecture and content management. Hear
what the experts advise for key content management
issues and how IA components map to Content Management
Systems.
--> REGISTER FOR THE WORKSHOP:
http://aifia.org/pg/workshop_iasummit_2004

2) Konference om Informationsarkitektur (DK-IA1)
AIfIA is an official sponsor of the Danish Research
Library Association's Forum for Information
Architecture (DF-IA) conference to be held March 9th -
10th, 2004 in Korsoer, Denmark. Drawing international
participation, the conference features. Alan Gilchrist
will speak on taxonomies, and case studies will look at
te BBCs work in IA and the application of search
technology in a large Danish media company.
--> VIEW THE CONFERENCE PROGRAM:
http://www.dfdf.dk/ik/ia/ia.shtml

---- WHAT'S NEW WITH OUR PARTNERS ----

-- IASLASH -- http://www.iaslash.org

Some good links that have been posted to iaslash in the
past few weeks:

7 myths of usability ROI
--> http://iaslash.org/node/view/7525

The Commoditization of User Experience
(re: the new reports available from Adaptive Path)
--> http://iaslash.org/node/view/7529

OK/Cancel UX job aggregator
(IA, design, and UX postings from lists and websites)
--> http://iaslash.org/node/view/7530

iaslash is daily news for information architects,
operated by AIfIA
--> http://iaslash.org/

-- BOXES AND ARROWS -- http://www.boxesandarrows.com/

A good recent article in the January issue:

1) Looking Forward and Back: Reflections on 2003 and
resolutions for 2004
At the beginning of 2004, Boxes and Arrows, takes a
moment to reflect back on the predictions made for 2003
and where we landed at year's end. Feeling optimistic,
we also invited our peers in the community to share
some of their professional resolutions for the new
year.
--> http://tinyurl.com/3xqng

Read other recent Boxes and Arrows articles:
--> http://www.boxesandarrows.com/archives/2004_01.php

All previous articles by categories:
--> http://boxesandarrows.com/archives/cat_index.php

Boxes and Arrows is the definitive source for the
complex task of bringing architecture and design to the
digital landscape.
--> http://boxesandarrows.com/

-- IAWIKI -- http://www.IAwiki.net/

What diagramming tools do other IAs use?
--> http://www.iawiki.net/DiagrammingTools

Are there any tools for offering “best bets” search
results?
--> http://www.iawiki.net/BestBets

Looking for Recent Changes to the IAwiki?
--> http://www.IAwiki.net/RecentChanges

IAwiki is a collaborative discussion space for the
topic of Information Architecture. Anyone can
contribute, and there are no pre-registration hoops to
jump thru.
--> http://www.IAwiki.net/

----

Comments about this newsletter? Questions? Things you'd
like to see included in future issues?
--> aifia-announce-owner AT lists.ibiblio.org

Want to unsubscribe or change your existing
subscription?
-->
http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/listinfo/aifia-
announce

Thanks for reading and we'll be back with another
newsletter in about two weeks!

  • AIfIA Newsletter for 03-February 2004, Austin Govella, 02/03/2004