aifia-announce - AIfIA Newsletter for 05-June 2003

aifia-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: IA Institute announcements.

  • From: Jeff Lash <jeff AT jefflash.com>
  • To: AIfIA Announce List <aifia-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: AIfIA Newsletter for 05-June 2003
  • Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2003 21:15:05 -0500

Asilomar Institute for Information Architecture
--> http://www.aifia.org

The AIfIA newsletter is published every other
week (pretty much) and features news about what's new
with AIfIA and with our partner sites.

So let's get to the news!

---- WHAT'S NEW WITH AIFIA -- http://www.aifia.org ----

1) AIfIA MEMBER DIRECTORY
The AIfIA Member Directory is now available online! The
member directory provides contact information for AIfIA
members across the world for networking, local
get-togethers and learning opportunities. Access to the
member directory is only available to members, so if
you're not one yet, sign up today!
--> MEMBER DIRECTORY -- http://www.aifia.org/directory/
--> SIGN UP FOR ACCESS -- http://aifia.org/signup/

2) AIfIA FACE-TO-FACE
AIfIA organizes a variety of informal Face 2 Face (F2F)
meetings to foster discussion and professional
networking. Membership is not required to attend these
events. The first F2F will be held in San Francisco,
California, this Saturday, June 7th. Details are
available on the web site:
--> SAT 7-JUN F2F -- http://aifia.org/calendar/000117.php
--> ALL F2F EVENTS -- http://aifia.org/calendar/

3) AIfIA INITIATIVES
Wondering what AIfIA is up to? Want to see how you can
get involved? The new AIfIA Initiatives page has a list
of all of the projects that AIfIA is working on.
--> CHECK IT OUT: http://aifia.org/pg/initiatives.php

---- WHAT'S NEW WITH OUR PARTNERS ----

-- IASLASH -- http://www.iaslash.org

Some good links that have been posted to iaslash in the
past few weeks:

Typepad screenshots
--> http://iaslash.org/node.php?id=7369

The Quiet Death of the Major Launch
--> http://iaslash.org/node.php?id=7366

iaslash is daily news for information architects,
operated by AIfIA
--> http://www.iaslash.org/

-- BOXES AND ARROWS -- http://www.boxesandarrows.com/

Two good recent Boxes and Arrows articles:

1) Coloring outside the Lines
Once upon a time, we were curious and everything we
encountered was new. We were excited about discovering
new things and the world offered unlimited
possibilities. Then we went to school and were taught
to color inside the lines, that everything had its
place and the world was ordered.
--> http://tinyurl.com/dk1z

2) 2nd Annual O¹Reilly Emerging Technology Conference
While most technology conferences are an immersion in
the nitty-gritty of the technology with little thought
about how that technology will ultimately be used, Bob
Baxley notes that the O'Reilly Emerging Technology
conference was refreshingly concerned with the uses of
new technology.
--> http://tinyurl.com/dk21

Read other recent Boxes and Arrows articles:
--> http://www.boxesandarrows.com/archives/2003_05.php

All previous articles by categories
--> http://www.boxesandarrows.com/archives/cat_index.php

Boxes and Arrows is the definitive source for the
complex task of bringing architecture and design to the
digital landscape.
--> http://www.boxesandarrows.com/

-- IAWIKI -- http://www.IAwiki.net/

The IA Wiki is back online!

Looking for compiled examples of interface elements?
--> http://www.iawiki.net/GalleriesAndCollections

Looking for Recent Changes to the IAwiki?
--> http://www.IAwiki.net/RecentChanges

IAwiki is a collaborative discussion space for the
topic of Information Architecture. Anyone can
contribute, and there are no pre-registration hoops to
jump thru.
--> http://www.IAwiki.net/

-- ARGUS CENTER FOR INFORMATION ARCHITECTURE --
http://argus-acia.com/

An oldie-but-goodie from the ACIA:

People: Karen Parolek

In one of those "Doh!" moments, I realized that it's
been a few years since I sat down with a "real live
architect" and discussed our respective fields and how
they relate. Fortunately I had the chance to run into
Karen Parolek, someone who bridges both fields (and
whom many of you met at the ASIS&T IA Summits). She has
a Bachelor of Architecture (with a minor in Graphic
Design) from the University of Notre Dame, and
specializes in information and interaction design.

--> http://argus-acia.com/people/parolek_profile.html

----

Comments about this newsletter? Questions? Things you'd
like to see included in future issues?
--> aifia-announce-owner AT lists.ibiblio.org

Want to unsubscribe or change your existing
subscription?