acawiki-general - Re: [acawiki-general] Proposal: AcaWiki to BY-SA

acawiki-general AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: Samuel Klein <meta.sj AT gmail.com>
  • To: Mike Linksvayer <ml AT gondwanaland.com>
  • Cc: "AcaWiki general \(listserv\)" <acawiki-general AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [acawiki-general] Proposal: AcaWiki to BY-SA
  • Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2013 18:17:22 -0500

On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 11:37 AM, Mike Linksvayer <ml AT gondwanaland.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 4:01 PM, Samuel Klein <meta.sj AT gmail.com> wrote:

>> And it lets me contribute my own work under [BY] in a much more
>> recognizable way than by posting to a SA-only site and having an
>> impossible-to-find personal subpage noting "all my contributions are also
>> available under CC-0".
>
> A user page is hardly impossible to find, and directly on the user page, not
> a subpage, is how I've seen it done.

I'm only interested in machine-readable formats. There must be a
uniform way for everyone to make such statements. The simplest way is
to define this in code: then it is guaranteed to be uniform, and
there's an API somewhere that describes it [in case the format
changes]. Having a hand-updated style for userpages is less helpful;
and if not followed by all doesn't really work for my use case.

Warmly,
SJ