acawiki-general - Re: [acawiki-general] we can haz Welsh/BibTeX troubles

acawiki-general AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: Christopher Adams <christopher AT fabricatorz.com>
  • To: jschneider AT pobox.com
  • Cc: "AcaWiki general \(listserv\)" <acawiki-general AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [acawiki-general] we can haz Welsh/BibTeX troubles
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 02:44:11 -0400

Hi Jodi,

The output looks to be some macros that are not getting interpreted by the BibTeX auto import.

It's a simple matter to piece together what the output is supposed to be:

The etymology of Welsh chwith and the semantics and morphology of PIE *k(w)sweibh-.

A solution is more elusive. I'd like to;

* track down the original BibTeX; my guess is that the macros are coming through unexpanded and intact.

* see what if anything can be done to improve the importer or at leas help it fail gracefully.

* check that the "correct" title would behave as expected in AcaWiki as a URL/article title.

* test any solutions against other potentially problem-causing data.

- Christopher