acawiki-general - Re: [acawiki-general] press contacts

acawiki-general AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: Greg Grossmeier <greg AT grossmeier.net>
  • To: acawiki-general AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [acawiki-general] press contacts
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 19:53:16 -0400

<quote name="Jodi Schneider" date="2011-06-14" time="15:05:34 -0400">
> The blogging community, in my opinion, has been the most helpful in
> getting the word out.

Yeah, I don't have any Press contacts, but maybe we could hit some of the
open science-y people like Cameron Neylon, Heather Piwowar or others.
They get good readership in the science community. I or others could talk
with them about it.

I just found out about Jason Jackson in the Anthro community
(http://jasonbairdjackson.com/) who might also be someone to reach out
to. Or Christopher Kelty who wrote Two Bits: The Cultural Significance of
Free Software and the Internet. I know, I'm starting to reach here. But
maybe open culture friendly academics might be something to reach out to,
on a one-to-one basis.

Greg

--
| Greg Grossmeier |