acawiki-general - [acawiki-general] AcaWiki Theme, Logo, Bugs, Features, Roadmap, and Fabricatorz Introduction

acawiki-general AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: Jon Phillips <jon AT fabricatorz.com>
  • To: "AcaWiki general (listserv)" <acawiki-general AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [acawiki-general] AcaWiki Theme, Logo, Bugs, Features, Roadmap, and Fabricatorz Introduction
  • Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 18:48:38 -0700

Hi everyone,

I wanted to make sure and introduce myself more formally. I'm Jon
Phillips (http://rejon.org/bio). Some of you know me from Inkscape,
Open Clip Art Library Creative Commons, Status.Net and other places.
Myself and my company Fabricatorz (http://fabricatorz.com) is now
helping the AcaWiki project grow. And, I'm super excited about the
prospects!

Immediately you can see the changes we've made to the site today by
switching to the more sustainable vector theme, and working with Neeru
and a designer to pick a solid logo and logotype for the project we
can all use: http://acawiki.org/AcaWiki:About#Logo_and_Usage

The SVG of the logo is now available on the website and usable by all!
Its a very cool logo! Thanks to Alex and John Britton for facilitating
getting that logo created.

Bugs and Feature Requests

Another quick change we've made to the site is tracking bugs and
feature requests. With the help of the CC sysadmin, Nathan Kinkade,
all bugs have been closed and/or moved over to the Wikimedia
Foundation's bug tracker. The plan is to use this going forward, as
the population of Wikimedians is much larger than our separate
repository that is focused on CC projects.

http://acawiki.org/AcaWiki:About#Bugs_and_Features

Roadmap

You can see that we have turned the ideas and discussions Neeru and I
have had, discussed some more ideas with Jodi and Mike Linksvayer, and
added to the new Roadmap page:

http://acawiki.org/Roadmap

We need everyone's help to set the direction for this project to grow.
Please do take a look at the page above, make comments here or on the
talk page for the roadmap, and lets turn our ideas into working battle
plans so we can make this project better.

Anyway, I'm really excited to get to work on this project. I also want
to introduce Christopher Adams from Fabricatorz who handled the logo
and theme switchover. He is a great developer with amazing attention
to detail.

Also, please meet Brad Phillips from Fabricatorz who is another
developer who will be helping with various development tasks.

I'll let Christopher and Brad talk more about themselves and their
interests in coming emails. For now, this project is cool and I hope
we can keep focused and grow this project. Most importantly, we hope
to grow the number of articles and impact of AcaWiki!

Cheers!

Jon

--
Jon Phillips