[permaculture] Abundance Think Again: Soil Conference possibly June

Lawrence London lfljvenaura at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 23:26:29 EST 2021

On Fri, Feb 19, 2021 at 8:02 PM Patrick McGarry <hawkwind275 at yahoo.com>
wrote:

> Piedmont Biofuel is out of business actually.  Now it is a business
> incubator, with a winery, hemp, art, Fairgame Beverage, greenhouse, etc.

That is very cool and should show promise. I sold vegetables to the Eco
marketing "coop" when they were there. Is the greenhouse operator who was
there in the past still there. Name started with an S.
Do you have a business there that retails locally made crafts? I make
cutting and serving boards out of walnut and have sold some at Chatham
Marketplace and NC Crafts Gallery in Carrboro. Some of my early pieces can
be seen at CM and later, better work at NC CG. I will also be making
specialized hand garden tools out of new and recycled steel with local
hardwood handles. I have a shop in Orange County.
Best of luck with the incubator. That is a great idea. My friend Leon
Tongret started one in Siler City years ago. I donated some woodworking
machinery to it and I bought a lot of pottery from one of the
vendor/craftsmen displaying her work in the incubator shop on the corner
across from the main incubator. That shop is the coolest gift and crafts
shop in NC; I hope it is still in operation.
Cheers.

lfljvenaura at gmail.com
Avant Geared