[permaculture] Abundance Think Again: Soil Conference possibly June

Lawrence London lfljvenaura at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 22:55:08 EST 2021

On Fri, Feb 19, 2021 at 4:23 PM Patrick McGarry <hawkwind275 at yahoo.com>
wrote:

> Did you read the site? Our mission is to promote community resilience
> through health, sustainability, culture and equality.

Right. Sustainability.
About your biofuels plant; I found out that instead of selling it locally,
which would make sense, you sold a big batch on the open market to buyers
in England who needed it because of a government mandate to use biofuels
instead of fossil fuels and because you could get more dollars for it. So
consumers lose out while you get rich by selling it at inflated prices to a
faraway market incurring transportation costs and en route pollution for
the buyer. Sure does make sense....abundance indeed.
Lots of buzzwords and begathons for buck$. Not permaculture. And I hear
this from about as reliable a source as you could get, a technician working
about the plant in answer to my question about where they sold the biofuel.
Imagine my surprise given all the hype about recycling and sustainability
with your mission.
Reading this Scott?
Cheers
We need more real permaculture here and throughout the country.

--
Lawrence F. London, Jr.
lfljvenaura at gmail.com
Avant Geared