[permaculture] USDA Organic Integrity Database

Lawrence London lfljvenaura at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 17:30:31 EDT 2019

On Wed, Mar 20, 2019 at 5:23 PM DONKA RADEVA via permaculture <
permaculture at lists.ibiblio.org> wrote:

>  Great idea about this perma-certification!
>
> The most perma-sites in Bulgaria are not certificated, I understood this
> during my research in the country.

[][][][]

> The most important, what they say is that "We are the face and the
> guarantee for our product, important is our personal contact with the
> clients, who we KNOW and build trust to each other. They can visit us and
> ask all questions or take part in the production process

[][][][]
That is the distilled essence of farmer-owned, farmer-run, farmer-for local
market farming built on a customer-farmer relationship of trust, the same
as it has been for hundreds of years in nearly every country. He stated it
really well.

> ...conventional must register, because they produce with chemicals and
> damage the land ..."

Of course.. That is the way it should be. In Latvia conventional operations
using chemicals and pesticides are not allowed in the marketplace.

--
Lawrence F. London, Jr.
lfljvenaura at gmail.com