[permaculture] USDA Organic Integrity Database

Scott Pittman scott at permaculture.org
Mon Mar 18 21:30:48 EDT 2019

We have the same problem in the U.S., Donica, the board of directors of
the certifying agency has drifted more and more toward the corporate
farmers and the fees are becoming to high for most small farmers.  The
local farmer's market hosts farmers who advertise on their product
tables that they are "better than organic".  I support their boycott of
the certification process and costs.

On 3/16/2019 5:43 PM, DONKA RADEVA via permaculture wrote:
>   Ahh, this database is unfortunately not full at all, we have over 7000 certified organic operators!
> Though, in the last years many went bankrupt, as the local politics for certified organic is very unfavorable and this year there were protests against this discrimination policy comparing to conventional ...
>
> Best wishes,
> Donka Radeva
>
>      On Saturday, March 16, 2019, 8:17:54 PM GMT+2, Lawrence London <lfljvenaura at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>   Attn: Donka Radeva
>
> USDA Organic Integrity Database
> https://organic.ams.usda.gov/Integrity/
>
> look at the entries in this certified organic organization database on the
> first page
> search for Bulgaria: https://organic.ams.usda.gov/Integrity/Search.aspx
> just enter one word in the search form, Bulgaria
> there are 73 certified organic operations in Bulgaria!

Best regards, Scott Pittman Director Permaculture Institute