[permaculture] Fwd: [SANET-MG] Awakening to Agroecology

Lawrence London lfljvenaura at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 15:48:38 EST 2019

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Steven McFadden <chiron at chiron-communications.com>
Date: Fri, Mar 8, 2019 at 1:18 PM
Subject: [SANET-MG] Awakening to Agroecology
To: <sanet-mg at googlegroups.com>

SANET Compatriots -

As with many others, I'm sad to see the SANET-MG list disappear. It has
been a valuable resource, and I'm happy to have been a list member since
sometime back in the early 1990s when it got started. My thanks to
administrators and participants for the many understandings and insights
you all have shared. Good luck.

Thanks also to Lawrence London for taking the initiative to start up an
alternative, sustagnet, which I've already joined.
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/sustagnet
As perhaps my final posting to the list, here's my latest blog for the
venerable, wise, and eminently practical *Mother Earth News.  - Steven*
Awakening to Agroecology

At first the word “agroecology” hits the human ear with the aloof thud of a
complex, intellectual abstraction. But in truth it’s a term describing an
approach to agriculture that is real, urgent, positive, earth-based,
science-informed, and altogether of the heart. We need agroecology now, and
we need it on neighborhood, heartland, and planetary scales.

In the universe of ideals for farms and food, agroecology has in recent
decades captured international attention. Now it’s becoming better
appreciated in North America. Now it stands out as a range of essential,
broad, and wise pathways forward for humanity…

*The rest of my blog post on agroecology (and soon **Deep Agroecology
<https://thecalloftheland.wordpress.com/essay/>**) is here at **Mother
Earth News.
<https://www.motherearthnews.com/nature-and-environment/awakening-to-agroecology-zbcz1903>*

Steven McFadden
*Chiron Communications* <https://www.chiron-communications.com>
Santa Fe, New Mexico, USA

I have created a Google group for those interested in having an alternative

--
Your use of this list constitutes agreement to abide by the SANET Terms of
Use at https://groups.google.com/d/msg/sanet-mg/OuearvWaHXo/sfD_lIdsCwAJ.

To learn about digest mode or other settings visit
https://support.google.com/groups/answer/1047839?hl=en.
---
"SANET-MG" group.
email to sanet-mg+unsubscribe at googlegroups.com.