[permaculture] Walipini and earth cellar

Christian Skiba c.skiba at gmx.de
Wed Dec 5 02:52:50 EST 2018

Thanks Lawrence and Jeremy,

yes, the root cellar is used for food storage only in winter.
Potatoes, apples, cabbage and celery for example need a humidity of
about 90 % at a temperature of 35-32°F.
So dry air is not really needed.
It will be build in the highlands, 750 m above sealevel, USDA plant
hardiness zone 6a.
My priority is to raise up the temperature in the greenhouse in winter.

I give it a try and will inform you about the results.