[permaculture] Walipini and earth cellar

jeremy baker childscrick at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 4 11:48:00 EST 2018

This is Jeremy in Skagit Valley, WA. Living intimately with the climactic variations of the year appeals to me. The concept of “season extenders” is fun to play around with. Diving into the ground like a tortoise or badger makes a lot of sense. I would hope a root cellar would be about empty by the time it starts to warm up. Then the space might be used for other things temporarily.
 Perhaps dig a test hole and experiment with it. A friend showed me a deep hole covered with tempered glass.  Inside he had several overwintering house plants. I have several cans and buckets of paint that say “do not freeze” on them. I’m thinking of digging a hole for them while I go to Baja lol.   Jeremy

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad