[permaculture] ecogeddon, something to think about

Diane Frances diane.frances at verizon.net
Tue Oct 24 12:35:45 EDT 2017

Try to be patient Carol (yes I know how urgent it really is but it takes
time for each person to understand and digest the enormity of what is
happening, and then be able to actually face it and then be able to overcome
all the separateness of decades of living in American culture and begin to
work together). What you are doing is beautiful, important, and happening in
communities all across the globe. List serves like this one help us learn
what others are doing, share ideas, slowly build the movement you are
craving. We all need to keep at it, encourage each other, link together. The
main stream press doesn't often cover this good work so we need to find
channels for sharing and connecting - I use Facebook a lot. Attached is
something a group of us is working on in the Western Catskills of NY, there
are others who held a women's march and have created projects and teams
nearby, good things and good connections are happening. It is essential to
accept what people can give, even if it is less that what you wish, and to
be encouraging and to be hopeful. We each respond to pressure in different
ways but it mostly takes the form of retreat. Try your best to be inviting,
inclusive, to work with the few who are self-energized to attract those who
respond best when asked to come along and to help. Most people like to
help - ask them to help and you will be amazed what shows up.