[permaculture] [eu-pc-network] Re: Permaculture Economics..a NEW SCHOOL ?

Steve Hart stevenlawrencehart at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 14:33:46 EST 2017

LL et al..re "gift economy" it is a great philosophy and passionate
cry..which I do sympathise with in attempting to understand this
cry......but, IMO I reflect, once again on what nature teaches us "there is
no free lunch" ! We do not have to study nature for long to recognise very
quickly that only the strong and healthy survive and most else is eaten or
evolved to be eaten by others be they organisms or fungi. I also often
refer to one of Bill Mollisons one liners " The further we move away from
nature the further we move away from nature" known as "The Bruce Effect".
Ironically Bills given name was Bruce...Steve Hart

On 16 February 2017 at 06:20, Lawrence London <lfljvenaura at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 14, 2017 at 10:55 PM, Steve Hart <stevenlawrencehart at gmail.com
> >
> wrote:
>
> > as mentioned there is little written on this subject. But there
> > has been a reasonable amount of activity in various circles.
> >

> I found this footer in a post to the PFAF list:
>
> *Why must we pay to 'live' on the planet we were born from?  -  To whom do
> we pay?   Money economy, exchange,  = price scarcity ,starvation of the 4
> needs*.       exchange is about me,me,me ,  about  winning, it socially
> excludes people and it physically excludes people.   Not all are fed.
> Gift economy,sharing, = abundance, nurture, all fed. sharing is about US.
> The gift economy, is Earth economy, Mother rooted, and centred, family,
> nurture, community, voluntary work, co-operatives, open source, scientific
> knowledge sharing, matriarchical societies, freeconomy, permaculture, care,
> renewables, durables,!   forest gardening,  Permaculture.
> *www.gift-economy.com
> <http://www.gift-economy.com>*
>

> --
> Lawrence F. London, Jr.
> lfljvenaura at gmail.com
> https://sites.google.com/site/avantgeared

Kia ora Ehoa

[image: Picture]
*Steve Hart*
*Ecology Architect*
*Designer, Teacher, Builder of Ecologically Sustainable Resilient
Environments, through Urban Design, Architecture, Landscape Architecture
and Systems Ecology.​*
Skype: tipenemanawa
Phone: +64 220 75 62 11

Permaculture Global Design: