[permaculture] Aquaponics Production | Nick Savidov Greenhouse Canada Research.pdf - Google Drive
lfljvenaura at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 06:33:08 EDT 2015
On Wed, Jun 24, 2015 at 2:37 AM, Georg Parlow <g.parlow at gmx.at> wrote:
> Thank you Lawrence - this is a very valuable study, and very relevant
> a) the UVI system developed by Rakocy DOES work under greenhouse
> conditions as well
> b) the yields of tomatoes and cucumbers have been HIGHER than in pure
> hydroponics (!) - which is in my eyes most impressive, because in 2013 and
> 2014 I have been working in a hydoponic tomatoe greenhouse (1.5 ha), and
> the yields there are enormous.
> c) food safety issues (which have been voiced as major consumer concern in
> surveys) have been tested and can be checked off - no common parthogens,
> less overall contamination than field grown produce.
Remember The New Alchemy Institute at Cape Cod? Aquaponics got a good start
when advanced building materials and solar technology was just getting
Kalwall translucent glazing panels were standard then. John Todd was
involved with that experimental project.
Here is information about him and his work, also more .pdf's on aquaponics
1. Search Results
1. John Todd (biologist) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
*John Todd* (born 1939) is a biologist working in what is sometimes
considered the general field of ecological design, in that his ideas often
involve applications ...
3. John Todd Ecological Design News <http://toddecological.com/news/>
4. Dr. *Todd* to Speak at the Blackstone Water Quality Summit and
Eco-Machine Exploration. The Blackstone River Coalition's annual Water
Quality Summit will take ...
5. [PDF]Aquaponics-Integration of Hydroponics with Aquaculture
6. by S Diver - 2006 - Cited by 67
- Related articles
*Aquaponic* vegetable bed in Australia. .... to *aquaponics* with brief
profiles of working units around the country. ..... ing Machines, made
popular by *John Todd*.
7. John Todd Ecological Design - Woods Hole, Massachusetts ...
8. Recent; 2014; 2013; 2012; Founded. *John Todd* Ecological Design is
on Facebook. To connect with *John Todd* Ecological Design, sign up for
9. [PDF]How to Build and Operate a Simple Small-to-Large ... - CTSA
10. *Aquaponics* is the symbiotic production of vegetables and fish.
Fish eat food ... At around the same time, Dr. *John Todd* and Nancy
Jack Todd led similar work at ...
11. [PDF]A Primer on New Alchemy's Solar Aquaculture
12. Feb 21, 2006 - Walton Two: A Compleat Guide to Backyard Fish
Farming” by Wm. McLarney & *John Todd*. pp 79-11. [ a working manual of
tilapia aquaculture ...
13. Visionary Aquaponics with Maribou Latour: 20. Why Eco ...
May 29, 2015 - *John Todd* of *John Todd* Ecological Design is the son
of Dr. *John Todd*, co-author of the book, From Eco-Cities to Living
Machines: Principles of ...
I got that link from another Ello (social media) user in response to my
post about this,
which might be of use to you and other owner-builders:
Question? Just ask us
Free Encyclopedia of Building & Environmental Inspection, Testing,
Lawrence F. London
lfljvenaura at gmail.com
More information about the permaculture