[permaculture] Aquaponics Production | Nick Savidov Greenhouse Canada Research.pdf - Google Drive

Lawrence London lfljvenaura at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 06:33:08 EDT 2015

On Wed, Jun 24, 2015 at 2:37 AM, Georg Parlow <g.parlow at gmx.at> wrote:

> Thank you Lawrence - this is a very valuable study, and very relevant
> results:
> a) the UVI system developed by Rakocy DOES work under greenhouse
> conditions as well
> b) the yields of tomatoes and cucumbers have been HIGHER than in pure
> hydroponics (!) - which is in my eyes most impressive, because in 2013 and
> 2014 I have been working in a hydoponic tomatoe greenhouse (1.5 ha), and
> the yields there are enormous.
> c) food safety issues (which have been voiced as major consumer concern in
> surveys) have been tested and can be checked off - no common parthogens,
> less overall contamination than field grown produce.
>
> Cool!
> Georg

Remember The New Alchemy Institute at Cape Cod? Aquaponics got a good start
there,
when advanced building materials and solar technology was just getting
started,
Kalwall translucent glazing panels were standard then. John Todd was
involved with that experimental project.
Here is information about him and his work, also more .pdf's on aquaponics
and hydroponics.

   1. Search Results
   1. John Todd (biologist) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
      <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Todd_%28biologist%29>
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/*John*_*Todd*_(biologist)
      2. Wikipedia
   *John Todd* (born 1939) is a biologist working in what is sometimes
   considered the general field of ecological design, in that his ideas often
   involve applications ...
   ‎History
   <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Todd_%28biologist%29#History> - ‎
   Recognition
   <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Todd_%28biologist%29#Recognition> - ‎
   Books <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Todd_%28biologist%29#Books>
- ‎External
   links
   <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Todd_%28biologist%29#External_links>
   3. John Todd Ecological Design News <http://toddecological.com/news/>
   *todd*ecological.com/news/
   4. Dr. *Todd* to Speak at the Blackstone Water Quality Summit and
   Eco-Machine Exploration. The Blackstone River Coalition's annual Water
   Quality Summit will take ...
   5. [PDF]Aquaponics-Integration of Hydroponics with Aquaculture
   <http://www.backyardaquaponics.com/Travis/aquaponic.pdf>
   www.backyard*aquaponics*.com/Travis/*aquaponic*.pdf
   6. by S Diver - ‎2006 - ‎Cited by 67
   <https://scholar.google.com/scholar?oe=utf-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&lr&cites=13198485065339962062>
   - ‎Related articles
   <https://scholar.google.com/scholar?oe=utf-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&lr&q=related:zgLjBD1wKrc7wM:scholar.google.com/>
   *Aquaponic* vegetable bed in Australia. .... to *aquaponics* with brief
   profiles of working units around the country. ..... ing Machines, made
   popular by *John Todd*.
   7. John Todd Ecological Design - Woods Hole, Massachusetts ...
   <https://www.facebook.com/pages/John-Todd-Ecological-Design/133774763435482>
   https://www.facebook.com/pages/*John*-*Todd*.../133774763435482
   8. Recent; 2014; 2013; 2012; Founded. *John Todd* Ecological Design is
   on Facebook. To connect with *John Todd* Ecological Design, sign up for
   Facebook today.
   9. [PDF]How to Build and Operate a Simple Small-to-Large ... - CTSA
   <http://www.ctsa.org/files/publications/CTSA_aquaponicsHowTo.pdf>
   www.ctsa.org/files/publications/CTSA_*aquaponics*HowTo.pdf
   10. *Aquaponics* is the symbiotic production of vegetables and fish.
   Fish eat food ... At around the same time, Dr. *John Todd* and Nancy
   Jack Todd led similar work at ...
   11. [PDF]A Primer on New Alchemy's Solar Aquaculture
   <http://www.thegreencenter.net/pdf/solaraqua.pdf>
   www.thegreencenter.net/pdf/solaraqua.pdf
   12. Feb 21, 2006 - Walton Two: A Compleat Guide to Backyard Fish
   Farming” by Wm. McLarney & *John Todd*. pp 79-11. [ a working manual of
   tilapia aquaculture ...
   13. Visionary Aquaponics with Maribou Latour: 20. Why Eco ...
   <http://visionaryaquaponics.libsyn.com/podcast/20-why-eco-machines-are-biologically-sexy-nutrient-harvesting-eco-remediation-and-wastewater-treatment-with-john-todd-of-todd-ecological-design>
   visionary*aquaponics*.libsyn.com/.../20-why-eco-machines-are-biologicall.
   ..
   May 29, 2015 - *John Todd* of *John Todd* Ecological Design is the son
   of Dr. *John Todd*, co-author of the book, From Eco-Cities to Living
   Machines: Principles of ...

I got that link from another Ello (social media) user in response to my
post about this,
which might be of use to you and other owner-builders:

InspectAPedia®

Question? Just ask us
Google
InspectAPedia
Free Encyclopedia of Building & Environmental Inspection, Testing,
Diagnosis, Repair
http://inspectapedia.com/index.php

--
Lawrence F. London