[permaculture] Aquaponics Production | Nick Savidov Greenhouse Canada Research.pdf - Google Drive

Georg Parlow g.parlow at gmx.at
Wed Jun 24 02:37:28 EDT 2015

Thank you Lawrence - this is a very valuable study, and very relevant results:
a) the UVI system developed by Rakocy DOES work under greenhouse conditions as well
b) the yields of tomatoes and cucumbers have been HIGHER than in pure hydroponics (!) - which is in my eyes most impressive, because in 2013 and 2014 I have been working in a hydoponic tomatoe greenhouse (1.5 ha), and the yields there are enormous.
c) food safety issues (which have been voiced as major consumer concern in surveys) have been tested and can be checked off - no common parthogens, less overall contamination than field grown produce.

Cool!
Georg