[permaculture] Fwd: [compost_tea]

Georg Parlow g.parlow at gmx.at
Tue Jun 2 04:20:34 EDT 2015

Lawrence,
having been trained -amongst other things- as a drug abuse counseller and therapist, seeing in what readyness you loose your temper and start to emotionally put forks in peoples eyes makes me think, that you might have a longterm drug abuse problem. None of my business, you are free to put into your body whatever you feel you like or need, but I would prefer a permaculture list operating on some more adult level of communication with a little more neo cortex impulse control.

I personally do not agree of esoteric floaty woaty energystuff, but I try to live by something that is expressed in the famous quote "i dispise your opinion, but I would give my life for you to be able to express it."

And I personally do agree with the interpretation, that we as a species tend to generalize and simplify. I don’t thing it is lazyness but a) energy efficiency (brains use most energy in our bodies) and b) the power of astraction. And I believe that this is part of our strength as species, not a weakness. However, as usual it isn’t a question of either or, but of as well as in the proper mix - and what 'proper' means is different for different people and for different situations - important is that the sum od us as it 'properly balanced'. Not sure if this is currently the case, but we (or our descendants) will only be able to judge that in hindsight.

Georg