[permaculture] An important vote coming up, a critical juncture; keep the neocons out of our lives.

Lawrence London lfljvenaura at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 15:43:10 EDT 2015

URGENT: Planned Parenthood vote

This week, extremists may triumph over women's health--unless YOU take
action.

Senate Majority Leader McConnell is fast-tracking a vote to end Planned
Parenthood funding, skipping a committee hearing and bringing it straight
to the Senate floor.1 Senators Rand Paul (R-KY) and Ted Cruz (R-TX),
looking for a path to the White House, demanded this vote and are looking
for a victory to pave their path--even if they throw women's health right
under their campaign bus. Breast exams, well-woman visits, and HIV tests
for 2.7 million people will be at risk unless all who support Planned
Parenthood stand up and speak out.

Over 30,000 UltraViolet members have signed to stand with Planned
Parenthood, but we don't have your name yet. Can you join us to sign?
http://act.weareultraviolet.org/sign/standwithpp/?t=1&akid=2179.219745.PWW8Sg

Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) is threatening to grind Congress to a halt to "defeat
and defund Planned Parenthood."2

He and the GOP aren't bluffing. This is part of a systematic effort to
destroy the venerable institution that serves 2.7 million women
annually--with false claims and a misleadingly edited video.3

With the GOP primary heating up, you can be sure that extremists will
continue to harass Planned Parenthood. If supporters like us don't speak
up, the extremists might succeed in shuttering Planned Parenthood clinics.
But we beat back these attacks before--and won. And we need to step up
again or risk being silenced. Can you sign our petition to stop Rand Paul
and anti-abortion extremists?

Tell Republicans: "I stand with Planned Parenthood, and we won't be
silenced! Stop the attacks on women's health care."

I stand with Planned Parenthood
http://act.weareultraviolet.org/sign/standwithpp/?t=2&akid=2179.219745.PWW8Sg

This was their version of shock and awe. Within hours of releasing the
attack video--before reporters could fact-check the allegations--Republican
leaders tripped over each other to call for an investigation and threaten
Planned Parenthood's funding.

It was a well-orchestrated attack, and it turns out that Republicans had
seen the video in question weeks before it was released. The anti-abortion
extremists have unfettered access to GOP leaders, and together, they
hatched a plan to take down Planned Parenthood.

Now, the facts about the video and how long the GOP knew about it are
coming to light. The extremists who secretly recorded the video have been
harassing Planned Parenthood staff for eight years.4 They couldn't find any
illegal activities to report, so they literally edited the video to remove
the TEN times a Planned Parenthood staffer said they won't and don't break
the applicable laws.

These well-financed efforts to discredit and defund Planned Parenthood are
designed to silence supporters of women's health care. We've seen it before
but never this swiftly. That's why we need to stand with Planned Parenthood
and the 2.7 million women they serve. Can you add your name to the petition?

Tell Republicans: "I stand with Planned Parenthood, and we won't be
silenced! Stop the attacks on women's health care."
http://act.weareultraviolet.org/sign/standwithpp/?t=3&akid=2179.219745.PWW8Sg

Thanks for speaking out.

--Nita, Shaunna, Kat, Karin, Adam, Gabriela, Holly, Kaili, Kathy, Onyi,
Susan, Clarise, Anathea, Audine, Ryan, Shannon, and Vanessa, the
UltraViolet team

Sources:

   1. McConnell to fast-track bill to defund Planned Parenthood, The Hill,
   July 24, 2015
   http://act.weareultraviolet.org/go/3426?t=4&akid=2179.219745.PWW8Sg
   2. Rand Paul may hold up highway bill over Planned Parenthood, Politico,
   July 17, 2015
   http://act.weareultraviolet.org/go/3398?t=5&akid=2179.219745.PWW8Sg
   3. Undercover video sting of Planned Parenthood is off-base, as usual,
   L.A. Times, July 16, 2015
   http://act.weareultraviolet.org/go/3399?t=6&akid=2179.219745.PWW8Sg
   Planned Parenthood at a Glance, Planned Parenthood, retrieved July 15, 2015
   http://act.weareultraviolet.org/go/2695?t=7&akid=2179.219745.PWW8Sg
   4. Planned Parenthood says video part of decadelong harassment, Yahoo!
   News, July 20, 2015
   http://act.weareultraviolet.org/go/3400?t=8&akid=2179.219745.PWW8Sg

--
Lawrence F. London