[permaculture] American Permaculture Association StandardsBoard?

Lawrence London lfljvenaura at gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 12:28:50 EDT 2015

On Sat, Jul 11, 2015 at 12:09 PM, Scott Pittman <scott at permaculture.org>
wrote:

> This is Vlad the terrible's domain, and he doesn't have a royal title yet
> since Lawton is Prince and Paul Wheaten is the Duke ( Paul also has a
> permaculture dating service, and permaculture singles, and a whole catalog
> of things to buy) poor Vlad will have to settle for earl or some such low
> title.  Paul claims to be king of the internet permaculture sites
> (www.permies.com).  All three are allowing Bill Mollison to remain King
> but
> are certainly waiting in the wings.  Since Vlad owns a server company he
> has
> addresses all over the map, the guy specializes in lurking, and subterfuge.
>
> Scott

The view of the present state of permaculture royalty from a decade ago is
certainly disappointing.
Things just didn't turn out the way we thought and the world of local
natural market gardening and farming
has suffered the same fate. You have to be wealthy to be able to afford
being a farmer who can outcompete
adequately to turn a profit. Local serfs and peasants don't get their fair
share of market opportunities.
Will permaculture professionals, full or part time, find themselves in the
same boat as the Royalty scams all the business?
Looks like that has already started.

--
Lawrence F. London
lfljvenaura at gmail.com