[permaculture] American Permaculture Association Standards Board?

Lawrence London lfljvenaura at gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 00:16:12 EDT 2015

On Fri, Jul 10, 2015 at 10:59 PM, Steve Hart <stevenlawrencehart at gmail.com>
wrote:

> And so whats your views opinions and insights into everything Geoff Lawton?

His courses are taken all over the US, obscure folks around NC take it, not
just back to the landers or mod hippies
or mod peasants like myself. I have visited their site a numbers of times.
There are the beginnings of good resources there and much I have never seen
before. Of course it revolves around his commercial packages and marketing
plan. I hear that his courses are very good but that his permaculture
designs are not.
I have not spent much time exploring what they are about but one thing is
for sure, they sell courses all over the USA, all the way to Durham NC USA.
They do seem expensive. I have not evaluated their cost benefit aspects.
They are not going to be affordable by the working class, grassroots, rural
or urban or much of the middle class. I expect those will wonder if they
need something like permaculture when it has such a price tag on it. Is PRI
then going to point them to free, affordable, local, open source
permaculture resources to get them interested and going down the path, I
doubt it. I guess it is a competitive world. That's why local natural
market gardening and farming has been usurped by corporations, governments,
real estate and development interests and independently wealthy hobby
farmers who hire Mexicans and "apprentices" to do all the work required to
get a product to market.
That's about it.

--
Lawrence F. London