[permaculture] Permaculture or biodynamic, or agroecology/agroforestry?

DONKA RADEVA donnybg at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 13 15:50:40 EST 2014

Hello from me again,

Thank you very much for the detailed and valuable responses!
They were very important for me, as the more I read in the literature, the more common things between all of the mentioned "systems" I find.
But it is true that agroforestry and agroecology are far away of design /as far as I have read about them/ and are more "techniques" in agriculture. Biodynamics is closer to permaculture, but also for me more mystic.

Do you think that permaculture if we mean its agriculture aspect is so far from commercial? I have the feeling that many permies who have farms don't want to make business, they want to be self-sustainable. But is the business in permaculture so bad? If we make as farmers business through permaculture, couldn't our communities function better, also the economics - I mean we need to exchange goods/services?
I beleive that if you make commercial through permaculture/farms /for example/, the common health could be improved - also the economic health of the communities and through smaller communities to bigger regions? I speak very theoretical, but I hope you understand what I mean. In this way all of the elements in the life circle - visible and invisible structures could be connected and perhaps for good?

All the best,

Donka Radeva,
Bulgaria