[permaculture] Permaculture or biodynamic, or agroecology/agroforestry?

DONKA RADEVA donnybg at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 12 17:15:31 EST 2014

Hi to all permies,

I have a question which I cannot fully solve till now. As you are with a greater experience in permaculture, could somebody explain me what are the slight or bigger differences between permaculture, biodynamic agriculture, agroecology and agroforestry?
I see very common things among them in the agriculture practices they offer to the farmers and cannot fully understand what are the main differencies? One is sure - all they are organic and support polyculture versus monoculture!
I have seen some excellent examples of farms on permaculture principles, but they name themselves agroecology farms - why is that?

Thanks a lot!

Donka Radeva,
Bulgaria