[permaculture] 37 Million Bees Found Dead In Ontario, Canada After Planting Large GMO Corn Field | Organic Health

Linda Ray lindaray at att.net
Tue Nov 11 22:07:06 EST 2014

Hi Permies :-),

I must respectfully disagree with Alia, and I Thank You Lawrence for posting this article.
Alia, please be aware that the statements that follow in this post are not directed at you personally. They are a product of my own long frustration with what some call "science" these days.

My opinion:

IMO it was a great article, and was chockfull of good leads which can now be tracked down by whomever doesn't mind the legwork. Plus it connected many dots quite well, I thought. It also contained much valuable correlated information which I have not seen anywhere else.

IMHO the problem with the current-day worship of what some call 'science' is, no one will believe it if someone else hasn't done it/proven it/killed 50,000 rats with it/ already. This is not the way to break new ground, because in addition to its horrible and inexcusable inhumanity, to adopt such a philosophy guarantees that one cannot be first to find out anything.

Many years ago, Science used to be synonymous with progress. Now IMO, 'science' has become more of a stultifying obstruction to progress.

My point is, IMO the definition of "Science" has to change. What we have right now is "Science Without Conscience" and "Science As A Slave To Big Business".

It is nowhere near the same.

Namaste,

Linda