[permaculture] 37 Million Bees Found Dead In Ontario, Canada After Planting Large GMO Corn Field | Organic Health

Lawrence London lfljvenaura at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 19:28:30 EST 2014

On Tue, Nov 11, 2014 at 3:02 PM, Alia Tsang <alia at dietrick.org> wrote:

> Sorry, Lawrence, but I disagree that a "poor article is better than no
> article." A poor article gives fodder to the opposing side to point at
> and say "they don't even know science!!" (I am on an entomology
> listserv that does exactly that.) I also don't trust a site that over
> 50% of the screen real estate is advertisements.... a site like that
> is more likely to make an article more alarmist/controversial/etc to
> make it "click bait" so that they make more ad revenue. Hence the
> article title drawing you in with "GMO CORN FIELD," when the real
> issue here (that is potentially overshadowed and made easier to
> dismiss by the mention of GMO's) is neonicotinoids.

You are right if we make up for the lack of permaculture-related news in
the mainstream
by spending more time searching in-depth for what is important to us
elsewhere online or in printed media.
These days few email discussion forums or webforums or social media
resources (except for Reddit and Ello) are going to provide much bounty.

--
Lawrence F. London
lfljvenaura at gmail.com
http://www.avantgeared.com