[permaculture] Permaculture an inquiring system ? full tittle of book reference

Koreen Brennan cory8570 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 22 12:14:00 EDT 2014

Interesting thoughts!

Koreen Brennan
www.growpermaculture.com
www.northamericanpermaculture.org

On Friday, August 22, 2014 9:50 AM, Wesley Roe and Santa Barbara Permaculture Network <lakinroe at silcom.com> wrote:

hi
i just started reading a book by C. West Churchman called The Design of Inquiring Systems: Basic Concepts of Systems and Organization1971- on page 4 i came across this sentence
“In this essay, our interest lies in the creativity of science, i.e. , in the actions that lead to new knowledge .We are interested in the extent to which man can design an inquiring system.

Could we say Permaculture  is an inquiring system ? with principles and ethics

here also on page 4

…The answer is also appealing on a number of counts. It is appealing because we all all afraid of losing our dignity as men(women): we are afraid that the system will "take over” and do things better than the lonely man can do. It is appealing because we want to remain free: if a system is designed to preform better than we can , it can legitimately tell us what to do

Enough mischief see you at NAPC for more sharing
blessing wes

subscribe/unsubscribe|user config|list info|make a donation toward list maintenance:
Google message archive search:
http://www.ipermie.net
https://plus.google.com/+Avantgeared
Permaculture: -- portal to an expanding global network of landtech pioneers practicing and teaching permaculture
while designing ecological, biointensive land use systems with integrated elements for synergy, sustainability, regeneration and enhanced nature-compatible
human habitat --
subscribe/unsubscribe|user config|list info|make a donation toward list maintenance: