[permaculture] Permaculture an inquiring system ?

Wesley Roe and Santa Barbara Permaculture Network lakinroe at silcom.com
Fri Aug 22 11:45:28 EDT 2014

hi
i just started reading a book by C. West Churchman called The Design of Inquiring Systems 1971- on page 4 i came across this sentence
“In this essay, our interest lies in the creativity of science, i.e. , in the actions that lead to new knowledge .We are interested in the extent to which man can design an inquiring system.

Could we say Permaculture  is an inquiring system ? with principles and ethics

here also on page 4

…The answer is also appealing on a number of counts. It is appealing because we all all afraid of losing our dignity as men(women): we are afraid that the system will "take over” and do things better than the lonely man can do. It is appealing because we want to remain free: if a system is designed to preform better than we can , it can legitimately tell us what to do

Enough mischief see you at NAPC for more sharing
blessing wes