[permaculture] Advance notes on Permaculture Standards and Principals for NAPC

Bob Waldrop bob at bobwaldrop.net
Mon Aug 18 12:19:54 EDT 2014

Some might find it to be an "issue"  that there are two organizations
aspiring to this certification role -- PINA and the Permaculture
Institute in New Mexico.

I personally don't think that is a problem.  Two is not a crowd. Neither
is three.

In organic agriculture, a farmer wanting to sell certified organic
produce has multiple certifying organizations that she or he can choose
from.

I think that works for permaculture too.

We have a diversity of teaching lineages and thus a diversity of
certifying organizations seems appropriate.  With transparency of
procedures, principles, and standards, people can make judgements
regarding which certifying organization works for them.

Bob Waldrop
Okie City

--
http://www.ipermie.net How to permaculture your urban lifestyle and adapt to the realities of peak oil, economic irrationality, political criminality, and peak oil.