[permaculture] Two articles: Critical Questions and People's Science

rafter sass ferguson liberationecology at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 17:13:37 EDT 2014

I’m very excited to have two articles in the current issue of Permaculture
Activist (Autumn 2014, No. 93). The theme of this issue is “Experimentation
– Science in Permaculture.”

The issue, aside from my own ravings, is magnificent through and through. I
highly recommend it.

Now that it's out, I’m also happy to share digital versions of both
articles. One is a re-worked version of the talk I gave in Cuba at the
Int’l Permaculture Congress last year, and I’ve given it the same title:
“People’s Science or Pseudoscience?”

The other article is called “Critical Questions and Early Answers,” and
it’s a whirlwind tour of the last three years of permaculture research. I
use my three projects, in their various stages, as lenses on some big
questions of where we’re at and what we need to be paying attention to –
through the lens of agroecological science, the demographics of our
movement, and what’s happening on the ground at US permaculture farms.

You can get them both here:
http://liberationecology.org/2014/08/08/toward-21st-century-permaculture-new-articles/

I hope that they both provoke some useful discussion. Looking forward to
any comments.

Warmly,
Rafter

Rafter Sass Ferguson, MS
PhD Candidate | Crop Sciences Department
University of Illinois in Urbana-Champaign
liberationecology.org
518 567 7407
 ᐧ