[permaculture] NYT morons at work: Don’t Let Your Children Grow Up to Be Farmers - NYTimes.com

John D'hondt dhondt at eircom.net
Mon Aug 11 19:05:14 EDT 2014

Not having read the article I don't know what sort of farming is referred
to. I would not advice anybody to take up chemical- mono- culture farming as
this is no doubt the most dangerous profession going. It is not possible to
poison the soil and not do damage to yourself.

Permaculture-organic-family farming is another matter but I don't think it
likely that if you go for that you will ever be part of the 1 %. It's a
great way of life even if it may be a bit difficult to make a living. You
still have a good chance of eating better than most.
John

---