[permaculture] Time for one reflection before NAPC1

Bob Waldrop bob at bobwaldrop.net
Mon Aug 11 14:20:33 EDT 2014

This was a very good read.  I think anyone inclined to include spiritual
practices with a PDC should say that up front.  "This PDC will include
practices relating to New Age Spirituality. . . or Roman Catholic
Spirituality. . . or Islamic Spirituality. . . " etc.  If nothing is
said about that, and people show up and find that a spiritual track is
included, well, I think that's fraud.  I'm a devout Catholic, but I
would never teach a PDC and start every session with the Rosary, or have
an opening or closing Mass.  Well, maybe if I taught a class at a
monastery to monks or sisters, that would be appropriate.  But out in
the secular world? Not a chance.

I think there is something to be said for "full disclosure".

Bob Waldrop, Okie City

--
http://www.ipermie.net How to permaculture your urban lifestyle and adapt to the realities of peak oil, economic irrationality, political criminality, and peak oil.