[permaculture] NAPC: Scarcity?

Koreen Brennan cory8570 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 10 10:48:56 EDT 2014

Thank you Jason - that is sweet! I think this conversation is a needed one.

I feel that there is quite a bit that we could do to improve the design of how we operate as a movement (and money is only a small part of that), but in spite of money, or camping, etc, this event is going to be as good as what we all make it together, and that has a lot to do with the intention and focus we have, going into it. We have an opportunity to move things forward to the next level of succession through use of intelligent design and I would love to see that happen. I know what the people who are coming to this event are capable of - I felt frustrated at having such talent all in one place in Cuba and how little that massive resource and energy was utilized.

I'm excited to see the conversations happening now, and hope they continue long after the event. If the convergence acts as nothing more than a catalyst for broader conversation that addresses some of the tough issues, and this conversation leads to better design ideas, more collaboration, and a stronger network and movement, it will be well, well worth it.

So, how can we get the biggest possible yields from this event? Let's start designing....

Koreen Brennan

www.growpermaculture.com
northamericanpermaculture.org