[permaculture] NAPC: Scarcity?

Wesley Roe and Santa Barbara Permaculture Network lakinroe at silcom.com
Sat Aug 9 07:51:50 EDT 2014

hi everyone
Toby this sounds really beautiful
 We have learned that if you can not fund at least one or  two positions of organizing committee of any event you will not have the people with the time to raise the resources to run a great event  -Toby’s quote "how do we find the resources to run a great event?”  It takes time to raise money ask any nonprofit what is the largest time sucker -raising money-while you are organizing any event - this is especially hardest the first time you run any event .

RA sol who was on NAPC organizing committee came to the organizers of the Southern Permaculture Convergence and asked us to support him financially will he worked on the NAPC organizing. We gave him $1000 from our surplus funds from our last convergence. This money only allowed him to help for a short time to get the non profit status for NAPC then he need more money to continue on

Would you be willing to put $100-$500 in a pot for the next NAPC convergence to fund organizing positions and campaign at the NAPC event to get this money so we can change the way we design the Convergence model as suggested by systems thinker Donella Meadows
wes