[permaculture] NAPC: Scarcity?

mIEKAL aND qazingulaza at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 08:40:42 EDT 2014

I had a straight job at Organic Valley for many years until I couldn't keep my mouth shut and have since chosen to try to make my living running a permaculture nursery selling plant stock generated from the permaculture demonstration we've been running here since 92.  I'm hoping in a few years that it can be more stable, but right now it is literally day by day.  I also have a 40 acre vineyard and future winery that I started while I was "in the money" and have to urgently retool that project as a coop since I no longer have the means develop it from my own income.

So, yes, my frugality is a consequence of my choices and not choosing to go into debt further. This is the first I'm hearing of a work trade, even tho I mentioned my plight on several lists and in conversations with Skeeter and Leslie K and quite frankly I'm physically tapped out so I would have been far more interested in some kind of sliding scale or god forbid a free pass to the event..

Really I was simply responding to your use of 'ludicrously low', which for us in the anarchist scene who live on little money, comes across as a class distinction.

~mIEKAL