[permaculture] 101 PERMACULTURE DESIGNS, downloadable imgur album - Imgur

Toby Hemenway toby at patternliteracy.com
Sun Aug 3 15:20:34 EDT 2014

Since I'm in curmudgeon mode, I wonder how the artists whose work is being distributed without their permission on that site feel about it (like Elayne Sears, who did all the art for Gaia's Garden that is posted there). I know that Mollison (whose artist, Andrew Jeeves, work is there) goes ballistic when people copy his art. "Use your own damn drawings from your own damn work; I did," he says.

I know we who care about seeing artists get recognized and respected are an anachronism in this "information wants to be free" world, but if we want people to keep doing great work, we can't just take it from them.

It would be cool if Imgur had a donation basket for Elayne and Andrew and a couple of others whose work dominates those images.

Okay, back to real work.

Toby
http://patternliteracy.com