[permaculture] Fwd: [nafex] - VOLE BIOCONTROL

dwoodard at becon.org dwoodard at becon.org
Thu Apr 17 08:09:52 EDT 2014

 I think most snakes are able to take baby mice, which are very small
 when just born.
 I don't know how well the snakes can smell them, supposedly young deer
 have minimal odour.
 I have noticed garter snakes in an apple orchard being thought by an
 experienced grower to be a sign of increasing vole numbers.

 Doug Woodard
 St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada