[permaculture] North American Permaculture Convergence

Michael Pilarski friendsofthetrees at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 16 10:10:52 EDT 2014

Lawrence,

thanks for the reply.  what is DHW?

I have lived more than half of the last 40 years with wood heat (and oftentimes cooking). Some years I have done it without a chainsaw. I am sad that right now his house has electric heat. but I own a wood cookstove, two wood heat stoves, one-man crosscut, axes, hatchets, mauls, wedges & sledges. Part of my Plan B stash. My guest yurt is wood heated.

Michael "Skeeter" Pilarski
Permaculture - Wildcrafting - Medicinal Herbs & Seeds

Sign up for my newsletter at www.friendsofthetrees.net
www.facebook.com/michael.skeeter.pilarski

On Wednesday, April 16, 2014 2:17 AM, Lawrence London <lfljvenaura at gmail.com> wrote:

On Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 10:25 PM, Michael Pilarski <
friendsofthetrees at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Lawrence,
>
> Thanks for that explanation.
>
> I am supposed to reach out to the permaculture elders/pioneers and invite
> them to the NAPC.  I will use ibiblio as part of that.

Wonderful. That is what this list is for.

> Any chance you will make it?

No, but thanks. I am not very mobile these days as I have so much work to
do on my mini permafarm and need to get projects completed.
New career: cutting, splitting and storing firewood for heat, DHW and
cooking year round (rocket stove in warm weather); it is surprising how
much time that takes.
Inflation in the US is on the rise again with food and energy costs going
out of sight. Time for permies to actually use renewable sources of energy.
If time and money permitted I would like to take PDC's from at least six
different teachers around the US and of course attend the NAPC each year. I
would recommend this to anyone
as a critical part of one's education, permaculture and general.

Best of luck organizing the event.

LL

--
Lawrence F. London
lfljvenaura at gmail.com
http://www.avantgeared.com
https://plus.google.com/+Avantgeared
Skype: lawrence.f.london
subscribe/unsubscribe|user config|list info|make a donation toward list maintenance: