[permaculture] Financial Permaculture- Local Food Enterprise Summit- Miami- May 31-June 4 2014

Wesley Roe and Santa Barbara Permaculture Network lakinroe at silcom.com
Sun Apr 13 21:58:45 EDT 2014

 2014 Local Food Enterprise Summit

May 31-June 4, 2014 | Miami, FL

http://www.financialpermaculture.com/courses/2014miami

Participants from around North America are expected to gather in Miami for the Local Food Enterprise Summit: a Financial Permaculture Convergence a weeklong dynamic design process.

Four applicants from prospective local food entrepreneurs who wish to have their local food enterprises be part of the design process will have been chosen from four distinct business categories:

·      Local Food Distribution,

·      Local Food Retail/Food Establishment,

·      Value Added Processing,

·      Urban Farm Operation

On Day 1, Earth Learning and the Financial Permaculture Institute are presenting three of our impressive speakers:

·      Eric Toensmeier, edible and useful plant explorer, author of several seminal works, promoter of carbon sequestration via perennial farming systems, and

·      Elizabeth U, Elizabeth Ü, author and financing maven, connector of sustainable food/ag businesses with capital, intrepid navigator of the complex and ever-evolving world of financing options.

On Day 2, we will jump straight into the design process by forming four design teams comprised of experts and participants that will interview their respective client entrepreneur. Each design team will have a Permaculture designer/practitioner, a documenter, and a business content provider specific to that business category. Several experts in finance, marketing and entrepreneurship will be on call for each team to consult with as needed.

By Day 4, each team will have emerged with designs and recommendations for the client enterprises.

These will be presented on the last day, Day 5, to their clients and a public audience comprised of interested community leaders and community members. Prior to the presentations, we will have our closing keynote:

·      Judy Wicks, local food entrepreneur extraordinaire, founder of White Dog Café, speaker and mentor working to build a more compassionate, environmentally sustainable and locally based economy

This year’s event promises to be a “can’t miss” event for all involved. It’s the only gathering of its kind that applies the power of Permaculture Design to finance and social enterprise. Participants from will return home empowered to design local food enterprises of their own.