[permaculture] Cuba & Permaculture

ChildrensPeaceGuild childrenspeaceguild at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 6 11:35:39 EDT 2013

Thanks Kelda & Lawrence for two different takes on the situation in Cuba. It clear that you both have good intentions and the best interests of the Cuban people at heart.

For those that who would like more information on the political environment there I suggest reading reports by Human Rights Watch and Amnesty International. I think anyone planning on traveling there for the IPC should familiarize themselves with the country as much as possible. Best of luck to all attending!!

HRW summary of Cuba:

"Cuba remains the only country in Latin America that represses virtually
all forms of political dissent. The government of Raúl Castro continues
to enforce political conformity using short-term detentions, beatings,
public acts of repudiation, travel restrictions, and forced exile.
Although the Cuban government released dozens of political prisoners on
the condition that they leave the country, the government continues to
sentence dissidents in closed, summary trials. The government has also
relied increasingly upon arbitrary arrests and short-term detentions to
restrict the basic rights of its critics, including the right to
assemble and move freely."
http://www.hrw.org/americas/cuba

Amnesty's page:
http://www.amnesty.org/en/region/cuba