[permaculture] Berms, catchments, swales and now stonelines (bund), and hugelkultur

Lawrence London lfljvenaura at gmail.com
Fri Jul 5 18:54:55 EDT 2013

On Fri, Jul 5, 2013 at 1:23 PM, Lawrence London <lfljvenaura at gmail.com> wrote:

> I will try to post galleries of pix later today of my three water
> impoundments, dug with a skid loader, excavated dirt used to create
> large berms and swales
> to block erosion and water flow at the bottoms of slopes where I have
> extensive raised garden beds. These big berms or dams now have drifts
> of blackberries

Here's the new gallery:

Farm Pix July 5 2012
https://plus.google.com/b/106181639516457096425/photos/106181639516457096425/albums/5897213626298378017
blackberries, dragonflies, wet weather ponds, aquatic plants
(cattails, water lillies, duckweed), guinea fowl,
trees: row of pines in an E-W windbreak, mimosa, sycamore, wild
persimmon, wild red mulberry, mix of volunteer plants and trees
growing
on shady west side of a high, long berm-dam defining the edge of a
systems of raised garden beds.
Videos:
am uploading two now - go to video section to see them: guineas
walking in volunteer clover growing in driveway, dragon flies in pond
flying around cattails
and lotus.