[permaculture] To Pinch or not to Pinch

georg parlow g.parlow at gmx.at
Fri Jul 5 04:08:09 EDT 2013

Hi Jason,
to my experience it depends on the climatic situation. If it is warm
long enough, dont bother (unless you wanna have an easy harvest rather
than digging for your fruit trough heaps fof leaves). If you have
short summers, the plant puts an annecessary amount of energy into all
these shoots and green fruits, that it will not be able to ripen.

I find it best to keep the first fat sideshoot - it almost looks like
a forking, usually about 30 to 70 cm up the stem. I have a trellies
and hang down string, that I attach to the two shoots per plant, and
wind them around it. Hope this makes sense.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Georg Parlow
g.parlow at gmx.at
1230 Wien, A-Baumgartnerstr. 4/B1/013