[permaculture] Permaculture recommendation for Deep Green Resistance

Lawrence London lfljvenaura at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 13:05:51 EDT 2013

On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 11:47 PM, Bob Waldrop <bob at bobwaldrop.net> wrote:

> I bought the book and am about half way through it.  The word
> "permaculture" has only appeared once, but what followed thereafter was
> nothing like anything I've ever read in the Design Manual or heard
> people talking about around here. Maybe they get into more of a critique
> later in the book, but from what I've read thus far, there's no evidence
> of much info about permaculture.  The entire first half have been almost
> totally dedicated to piling up the evidence that every other possible
> way of dealing with the present situation is inadequate, inane, stupid,
> narcisistic, counter-productive, or some combination.  It is really
> heavy on the psychology.
>
> My impression is that they want us to start blowing up power generation
> stations, oil wells, and etc. in order to set a "quick crash" in motion
> that will inevitably kill of a large portion of the population.  This
> they seem to think is the only chance the biosphere has.  Boy I bet the
> NSA surveillance system will like THIS email, lol.

I bet so too, unfortunately for this forum. Can't control what people write.
>From its origin to the present there has been no discussion of various
forms of extreme "activism" here
and I would like to keep it that way. Here's more on the topic from BB
blog about surveillance by the US Postal Service:
http://boingboing.net/2013/07/03/bookstore-owner-was-victim-of.html
The New York Times has a story out today on another kind of
surveillance the government sometimes uses to snoop on people who may
or may not have done anything wrong: postal mail.
Leslie James Pickering, an activist who owns the "Burning Books"
independent bookstore in Buffalo, N.Y., was targeted by a tracking
program run by the United States Postal Service.
He discovered a note in his mail which indicated that all letters,
parcels and other mail addressed to him or sent by him would be
monitored between Aug. 16, 2012, and Sept. 14, 2012. He found it mixed
in with his letters and packages. Why was he targeted? Probably
because:
More than a decade ago, he was a spokesman for the Earth Liberation
Front, a radical environmental group labeled eco-terrorists by the
Federal Bureau of Investigation. Postal officials subsequently
confirmed they were indeed tracking Mr. Pickering’s mail but told him
nothing else.

LL