[permaculture] (FWD) The Farm Communities Conference -- Register Now!

Lawrence F. London, Jr. lflj at bellsouth.net
Wed Apr 24 01:20:36 EDT 2013

*From:*Intentional Communities [mailto:noreply at ic.org]
*Sent:* Tuesday, April 23, 2013 12:40 PM
*Subject:* The Farm Communities Conference -- Register Now!

WWW.IC.ORG masthead <http://www.ic.org?enews=2013apr23YY&u=90369>

*The 5^th Annual Farm Conference
<http://www.thefarmcommunity.com/conference/>*

*On Community And Sustainability
<http://www.thefarmcommunity.com/conference/>*

*Register Now! <http://www.thefarmcommunity.com/conference/>*

*May 24-26 Memorial Day Weekend Summertown TN**
*An FIC Co-Sponsored Event <http://www.thefarmcommunity.com/conference/>****

<http://www.thefarmcommunity.com/conference/>

Hi Friends of Community,

The Conference on Community and Sustainability May 24-26 at The Farm in
Summertown, Tennessee is about building solutions.

At a time when the world’s problems seem insurmountable, life in
community continues to deliver on the promise of hope for tomorrow,
that*a better life is achievable in the here and now*, and that when we
work together, we are infinitely stronger than any one of us alone.

First, let me apologize for the previous conference notice that
inadvertently inserted last year's dates. The *dates are May 24-26*.

By hosting our conference on *Memorial Day weekend*, people are able to
use the extra holiday for travel, and I encourage you to take this
opportunity to join us for weekend of inspiration, networking, and the
empowering energy you need to fulfill your vision of a better world.

Again, Saturday is about the *building blocks of community*:

   * *Green Homes*―Illustrating change through where we live
   * *Green Business*―Right Livelihood, work that is seamless with your
     ideals.
   * *Organic Food Production*―You can grow most, if not all of the food
     you and your family eat, right now.
   * *Alternative Education*―Outside the box thinking to nurture the
     leaders of tomorrow.
   * *Midwifery*―Where it all begins. The model for returning the
     sacraments of life to the family.
   * *The Land*―The nucleus of community. Land trusts as a new model for
     shared ownership and stewardship.
   * and more

*Saturday night*will once again feature our *All Farm Vegetarian
Barbecue*, a chance to mix and mingle with the 100+ residents and
families of The Farm Community, always a highlight of the weekend.

On *Sunday* we shift our focus from the *material to the spiritual*, the
real glue that holds a community together through good and hard times.
The act of living in community is to acknowledge that you are part of
something greater than yourself, that what you do matters, and that you
make change in the world by how you manage and focus your attention and
energy.

I am proud to work with the FIC for this fifth annual conference. Please
feel free to contact me with any questions or ideas on how you would
like to participate. I look forward to hearing from you.
*
*Visit Our Web Site <http://www.thefarmcommunity.com/conference/%20> to
Learn More and Register Today
<http://farmcatalog.com/communities_conference.html>.*

*Sincerely,

Douglas | douglas at thefarmcommunity.com
<mailto:douglas at thefarmcommunity.com> | douglas at villagemedia.com
<mailto:douglas at villagemedia.com>
931-964-2590 office | 931-626-4035 cell

*Our fifth conference in partnership with the Fellowship For Intentional
Community.*

Fellowship on Facebook

Find Us on Facebook
<http://www.facebook.com/FellowshipForIntentionalCommunity>

This eNewsletter is a publication of the Fellowship for Intentional
Community, in circulation since 1999, serving over 13500 subscribers.

This email was sent to Christian Stalberg at this address
cstalberg at ccalternatives.org <mailto:cstalberg at ccalternatives.org>

You have received a non-personalized copy of our eNews. If you'd like to
receive a personalized copy of eNews, linked to our customer records
and containing a report of your current customer contact info, magazine
subscription status and FIC membership status, reply to this email
(using the address pubslist at ic.org <mailto:pubslist at ic.org> and
referring to customer #90369).

*CHANGED YOUR INFORMATION?* Please keep us informed of any changes in
your customer information as displayed here. For best service use your
customer number 90369 when contacting us and/or in the Notes field of
the online order form. Notify us by emailing to order at ic.org
<mailto:order at ic.org> if you wish to update any of your contact
information.

*  To UNSUBSCRIBE from this newsletter send a blank email to
PubsList at ic.org <mailto:PubsList at ic.org> with
REMOVE-90369-cstalberg at ccalternatives.org
<mailto:REMOVE-90369-cstalberg at ccalternatives.org> as the subject.
You'll receive a removal confirmation.

*  If a friend forwarded you a copy of this online newsletter and you
would like to subscribe please send a blank email to PubsList at ic.org
<mailto:PubsList at ic.org> with SUBSCRIBE in the subject line. Please send
both your NAME and EMAIL. If you wish to get a few postal mailings per
year from us also send your postal address in the body of the email.

*PRIVACY*

   * We share postal mail addresses occasionally with like-minded
     organizations. We do not sell, rent or share email addresses with
     any other organization. Let us know if you prefer to not share your
     mailing address.
   * We do NOT telemarket, and do not sell, rent or share phone numbers
     with any other organization or business.

*MAILINGS*. We email to the Fellowship list once per week to announce
events, new publications, and new editions. We send postal mail less
frequently, typically a few times per year. Please let us know if you
would prefer to receive announcements from us by postal mail, email,
both, or prefer customer service contact only.