[permaculture] Natural hydroponics, aquatic foodweb & quality food

Douglas Hinds cedecor at gmx.net
Mon Apr 8 23:13:13 EDT 2013

On 4/8/2013 8:21 PM, sals3 wrote:

> what I'm trying to say is you can set up a soil-food-web, hydroponically

No Sal, not me, not you, not Toby and not even Lawrence.  You can only
do here on this list, for discussion sake (and even then only if you
play Flamenco guitar).

Hydroponics as it is commonly practiced is a lifeless, industrialized
form of ag production and the results aren't fit to be eaten.  Is anyone
actually using compost tea as a growing medium?

And if so, what do they grow, Aquatic Plants? (Water Chestnuts, Edible
Seaweed -algae, & / or Wild Rice, maybe along with carp or catfish), a
very limited environment, for cultivating the kind of food I eat.

My idea of agriculture is more like what you, Sal Schettino grow, except
that most of your trees are grafted and you are probably in much worse
shape than I am.

(My 94 year old mother is in the S.F. Bay Area and if you have any
seedling fruit on hand, let me know - she can use it).

Douglas