[permaculture] Ho' lotta hype...Top Secret Water

venaurafarm venaurafarm at bellsouth.net
Mon Apr 8 03:40:57 EDT 2013

On 4/7/2013 5:07 PM, John D'hondt wrote:

> You may very well be right Lawrence but could I make a general remark
> please.
> The argument you use against Glen Atkinson is what they call "ad hominem"
> and is terefore against the rules of any discussion build on logical
> argument.

I failed to wait the recommended 30 minutes in silence before replying.
Atkinson, famous BD person, tells me that the democratically elected
Allende in Chile "was arming the leftists at an alarming rate and
Pinochet had to do something about this". This was before the military
coup. Enter CIA, Kissinger, Pinochet and his right wing thugs. Military
coup, Allende assassinated, Victor Jara killed, Pablo Neruda killed,
witchhunt for leftists loyal to Allende, genocide identical to the dirty
war in Argentina.

It grabbed me differently because I was just like those folks in
Argentina and in Chile and all over central and south america, seeking
reform, democracy, a thriving nation and a thriving people. I was not
political in the sixties and though the civil rights movement was under
way and in my home town, I did not get involved but had friends who did.
What happened to our like minded friends in Chile and Argentina I and my
close friends never knew but would have liked to is unacceptable and I
will fight for them, in their memory, for the rest of my life.
The sixties hosted an amazing cultural renaissance around the world.
Music has a lot to do with it, John. Talk about vital energy driving you
entirely to another plane of existence. I played Flamenco guitar, the
old, traditional style, studied from a famous Gypsy guitarist in NYC who
learned from an old master. Its like Norwegian Hardanger fiddle music
which never changes, never is diluted, and is pure from century to
century. I was totally inspired by high Andes folk music, song, tortoise
shell mandolin, harp, guitar, beautiful as the wind coursing through a
high mountain pass, music of the people, music for the people. Some
Kurdish singing almost identical to Flamenco song, Cante Jondo, deep
song. Gods and Demons of Bolivia, Los Incas, Joys and Sorrows of Andalucia.
It is another world.
I'll leave this subject on a positive note......

> In the Middle Ages before you could start at a European University you got a
> year long grinding in the rules of logic discussion. We have made a huge
> step backwards since those days in logical discussions and that is not a
> good thing. And it is most often used by TPTB.

That is just too cool for words. Sometimes I like to think I can put
myself back in history by several centuries and experience life as they
did back then.

You should watch the NOVA movie on:
Antikythera mechanism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antikythera_mechanismShare
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antikythera_mechanism

You would appreciate the magnificent achievement in science and
technology this time machine represents. They tried to predict the
future with it. They needed to know when certain astronomical events,
especially rare and infrequent ones, would occur in order to
successfully plan their activities according to the omens. The movements
in this machine were able to include the variations in the elliptical
orbit of the Moon around the Earth.
Some of the researchers analyzing and reproducing this mechanism think
that Archimedes invented its original version. It may have been refined
and manufactured by the Greeks and further refined by Islamic
mathematicians. Its movements were duplicated in European clocks
at a later date. You would enjoy the NOVA movie about this remarkable
invention.

> And before you ask, If I had been in Argentine during the dirty war I would
> have had a serious chance of getting killed myself. Does not mean that you
> have to be less critical if I say something about something else.

The counterparts of the victims in other countries were lucky to escape
the same fate.

I just don't get it when someone at the heart of the biodynamics
movement makes a statement like Atkinson's. Maybe he didn't realize what
he was saying but his words were clear. I hope he is just a BD
consultant and never a fascist pig. Maybe he will have an epiphany.

Don't we need to be eternally vigilant and do our part to make sure
the events in Chile, the Dirty War, the Nazi Holocaust, Slavery in the
USA, the Cambodian Killing Fields, the Chinese Invasion of Tibet and
subsequent mistreatment of the Tibetan people, mistreatment of the
Tamils in Ceylon, the Kashmiris, the Bangladeshis, the Uruguayans,
Guatemalans, Hondurans and any other places around the world where
innocent people are oppressed in the name of exploitation of their
nation's resources, never happen again. This goal is part and parcel of
permaculture. This is what the permaculture three ethics are really
about. The devil is in the details. Permaculture and the three ethics
are like a virtual clock mechanism, the longer you contemplate and
observe, the more its workings unfold before you and the more is
revealed to you how to put it to work for yourself and everyone else.
It is a strange science.

LL