[permaculture] oxygenation of water

Douglas Hinds cedecor at gmx.net
Sat Apr 6 22:11:40 EDT 2013

On April 4th, 2013 09:18 PM, Steve Hart wrote:
> Hydroponics....nahhh....sorry Lawrence it does not fit into any part of
> Permaculture.

Wikipedia defines hydroponics as follows:

    *Hydroponics* is a subset of hydroculture and is a method of growing
    plants <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plant> using mineral nutrient
    <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nutrient> solutions, in water, without
    soil <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soil>. Terrestrial plants may be
    grown with their roots <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Root> in the
    mineral nutrient solution only or in an inert medium,

Which the way I understand hydroponics:  There's no soil, no
soil-food-web, no soil biology - it's not even agriculture (much less
permaculture), which helps explain why I become distempered if I eat
even a little (something which I would not knowingly do).

Distempered in the sense that steel can lose it's temper.  I notice this
phenomena in 1973, living somewhere hydroponic tomatoes (and not much
else) were available.  Loss of focus and momentum, drive, dynamism,
orientation - no wonder your grandchildren won't eat them.

It's an anti-biological, anti-evolutionary technology.

Douglas