[permaculture] Fwd: full movies: how cuba survived peak oil; thrive

venaurafarm venaurafarm at bellsouth.net
Tue Apr 2 14:53:45 EDT 2013

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: full movies:  how cuba survived peak oil; thrive
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2013 14:41:44 -0400
From: paul wheaton daily <gir at richsoil.com>

This just came onto my radar.  Two full length movies worth watching.
So I've embedded them at permies.

1)   How Cuba Survived Peak oil.   When the iron curtain fell, Cuba's
oil imports were cut by about 95%.  Suddenly they could not do
agriculture the way they did before.  So they ended up going down
permaculture road.

http://www.permies.com/t/23312

2)   Over a year ago, Jocelyn and I recorded a podcast review of the
movie "Thrive".  Back then you had to pay five bucks to watch the movie.
  Now it's free!

http://www.permies.com/forums/posts/list/12374#188382